Why Become a Friend
Look at What We Do! Programs Brought To You By FOAL!
- Summer Reading: Program open to children, teens and adults!
For every person who completes Summer Reading once, the Friends of the Arlington Public Library will donate $1 to The Reading Connection.
- Arlington Reads: FOAL supports author talks that are free to the community featuring amazing authors such as Judy Blume, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Anthony Doerr
- Puzzlefest: An all day event celebrating words, logic, puzzles and thinking.
- Collection support: Support maintenance and growth of library’s amazing collection
- Adult Recess: Evening of play in the library where adults get to be kids again with games, nerf fights, dancing and more!
- Crafter and Maker Events: Programs like Knitting Club and Crafterdark, where adults create amazing crafts like wreaths, bowls, and prints.
- Lit Up Ball community event: A literary night out with dancing, music, food and fun!
- Gardens: Children’s planting program and composting and tool rental program for adults
- Commuter Book Club: Book club on Twitter so people can join the chat without having to change their routines
- Harry Potter Trivia night: Trivia night held at a local restaurant
- Books on Tap: Book club that meets at local pub to discuss great books
- Beefcakes and Cupcakes: Romance novel book swap and cupcake decorating events.
- Adult coloring books: Stations set up at libraries and adults can stop by and color to destress and unwind.