The Friends hold two massive book sales annually at Arlington Central Library’s underground parking garage as well as smaller year-round sales at all library locations.
You are welcome to come early on Thursday and line up for the book sale but be mindful that only a person may hold a spot in line. The garage gate opens at 10 am. Unattended items such as boxes, totes and bags will be removed from the line for security reasons.
Volunteers needed! Questions?
Contact us at email@example.com or (703) 228-5990.
Friends of the Arlington Public Library Book Sales
- More Than 75,000 Categorized Items
- Biggest categories include military, history, science, math, engineering, cookbooks, fiction and literature;
- Large selection of children’s books; including older children’s literature;
- Collector’s items;
- Hundreds of phonograph records in very good to excellent condition, all genres and speeds;
- DVDs, CDs, LPs and audiobooks;
- Thousands of mass market paperbacks – still only 50 cents!
- Restocking through 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- For special accommodation call 703-228-3346.
- Nearly 100% citizen donated material. No limits on buyer purchases.
- Accepting VISA, MasterCard, Checks and Cash.
When shopping, please be aware that your elusive find may end up in an unexpected category. As the sale gets underway items get misfiled or left in surprising spots even though our volunteer staff works hard to keep things straight. So be sure to browse all the aisles when you shop.
For more information about accepted materials, calendars and other details please check our Donation FAQ.